A limited number of travel awards are available for presenters whose abstracts have been accepted. Only presenting authors who have accepted abstracts will be eligible for a travel award. Priority will be given to those who were accepted for an oral presentation, are from a developing country, or are a junior researcher (35 years old and younger). Rwandan researchers may apply for Travel Awards but are only eligible for awards covering registration costs.
- Travel Award applications must have been submitted by 3 July 2018.
- Winners of the Travel Awards will be notified by 24 July 2018 and will be given a code for a reduced registration fee of $150, which will be reimbursed at the time of the conference.
All awardees will be responsible for registering themselves for the conference and paying this minimal fee of $150. All presenters must confirm they are presenting through the abstract submission module by 31 July 2018.
- Awardees are responsible for obtaining their own visas. Many visitors to Rwanda require a visa in order to enter the country; however, some can apply for a visa online and/or upon arrival. Please note that applying for a visa online may be more efficient than applying upon arrival. Be sure to review the Visas page of the ICFP website. An invitation letter will be sent as part of the confirmation e-mail that you will receive after completing conference registration and payment.
- The Travel Award will cover the cost of airfare and hotel (room & tax) from 11 November through 15 November 2018 (5 nights). Airfare and hotel will be paid directly by the Gates Institute or other sponsor, and the awardee must use the designated travel agent and stay in the assigned hotel. Other flight or hotel arrangements will not be reimbursed. Awardees will be responsible for their own accommodations if arriving earlier or staying later than these dates.
- At the conference awardees will receive $450 USD. This amount is equivalent to the cost of ground transportation, food, and visa expenses. Awardees will not be reimbursed for receipts for individual costs.
- If you are including Rwanda in a multi-destination trip, you will be responsible for any cost over and above our provided cost for a round-trip ticket to Kigali. If you have financial support for other aspects of your multi-destination trip, we would appreciate paying the least amount possible so as to make travel funds available to as many participants as possible.
Questions? Please email email@example.com.