Online and onsite registration for the 2018 ICFP are now closed due to capacity. Thank you for your interest – and we look forward to seeing you in 2020!
We welcome you to join us at the 5th International Conference on Family Planning! We know you will be pleased with the choice of the state-of-the-art Kigali Convention Centre as the site for the 2018 ICFP. We look forward to seeing you in Rwanda!
Your invitation letter was be emailed to you upon completion of your registration and will be accessible in your registration profile once you have registered. Please print your letter for use in obtaining your visa and bring with you to the 2018 ICFP. You will need this registration page and a form of government identification in order to collect your badge and officially register for this year’s conference.
Before entering the Kigali Convention Center, all conference participants will need to pick up their ID badges in person at the registration tent in the parking lot near the entrance to the KCC. It is strongly suggested that you upload a photo for your ID badge during registration, to speed up your badge pick-up onsite in Kigali. Please be prepared to submit a digital high-resolution passport-style photo along with your registration.
Registration is now closed, as we have reached maximum capacity for this year’s conference.
Heads of State, Ministers and Parliamentarians requiring special assistance with registration may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Group registration codes can be purchased. Your organization/group can purchase multiple registrations at once. You will be provided a custom group code which you can share with your members. This code will allow individuals to complete their registration and use the group code as a method of payment.
You are not considered fully registered until payment is received and verified.
Questions? Please email email@example.com.
Early-bird Registration – 14 May – 31 August 2018
- Developing Country Rate** – $450
- Developed Country Rate – $550
Late Registration – 1 September – 12 October 2018
- Developing Country Rate** – $550
- Developed Country Rate – $650
On-site Registration – 9 November – 15 November 2018
- Developing Country Rate** – $600
- Developed Country Rate – $700
**You are eligible for a developing country rate if you hold a passport from a developing country AND currently reside in a developing country.
Your registration fee will include the following:
- Opening Ceremony – November 12, 2018
- Welcome Reception – November 12, 2018, immediately following the Opening Ceremony
- Access to all conference sessions
- Access to all poster sessions
- Coffee/tea breaks and lunches on all full conference days
- 2018 ICFP Exhibition access
- Official 2018 ICFP conference collateral and documentation
- Scheduled ICFP bus service to and from airport to official conference hotels
- Scheduled ICFP bus service to and from Kigali Convention Centre to official conference hotels
Your registration fee does not include:
- Travel and visa expenses
- Accommodation expenses
- Travel insurance (recommended)
Terms & Conditions
- Participation is not guaranteed until full payment of the registration fee is received and processed.
- 80% of registration fees will be refunded if registrant cancels by August 14.
- 100% of registration fees will be refunded if the conference is cancelled. If conference is cancelled and then rescheduled, registration fees will be applied to the new dates, as long as registrant is still able to attend.
- No refunds will be processed after 12 October.
Travel Award Applications
Travel award applications for those whose abstracts have been accepted to the 2018 ICFP were due on 3 July 2018. Awards are based on a number of factors, including abstract scores, age of applicant, research area, etc. As well, there are several travel awards that will be made available specifically to youth (delegates 30 years old and younger). Please sign up for our ICFP email to receive special alerts when new ICFP announcements are made.
Important Advisory for 2018 ICFP Registrants
Please be advised that we have become aware that another organization is promoting and advertising a conference using the acronym ICFP and calling itself the International Conference on Family Planning. This is not related to our event in any way.
Our website, fpconference.org, and our official ICFP social media channels (Facebook and Twitter) are the only sources of information about the fifth International Conference on Family Planning, taking place in Rwanda in November 2018 and co-hosted by the Bill & Melinda Gates Institute for Population and Reproductive Health, based in the Department of Population, Family and Reproductive Health at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, and the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Rwanda.
When the time comes to submit an abstract and/or register, please be careful to submit your materials through our website, fpconference.org.
If you have any questions or concerns, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ICFP Registration Trouble-shooting Tips:
1) Double-check that you’ve completed entry for all required fields marked with an asterisk (registration category, hotel information, arrival and departure dates, etc)
2) On page 2, make sure that you’ve selected “registration” as the item to purchase, and select “save and update” to continue to the next page where you will complete registration (hint: click “save and update” on every page to proceed in the registration module)
3) On page 3, make sure that you have selected the correct payment method
4) If you’ve received an invoice, double-check that “registration” is listed on your invoice. If the invoice simply says “Amount Due: $0.00” you need to go back to page 2 to select “registration” as the item to purchase.
5) On the “Review and Checkout” page, make sure that you hit the “Pay” button, and that you receive a confirmation email shortly thereafter.
6) If you’ve completed registration you should be able to log in to your registration, go to the final page of registration, and select a PDF to print your invitation letter and invoice (invitation letter found on second page of the invoice).
7) Even if you have not received a confirmation email, you can check your registration status by clicking the PDF button on the final page of the registration portal.
8) Your registration is not complete unless you see a green bar stating “Registration status: complete” at the top-righthand corner of the registration portal.